Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hailo

Yesterday I walked into town to run a few errands. I also needed to buy a printer. I left the printer purchase til last, because I wasn't sure I would be able to carry it home and thought I might take a cab. We do not yet have a car, because escrow has STILL not closed. Ugh.

Look Barb, sunshine!
Anyway, before I had left the house, I downloaded an app to my phone called Hailo (I also input my credit card info into their system. I totally recommend doing this.) This app is awesome!!!! After buying my printer, I was standing outside the store and I opened the Hailo app. It told me how soon it could get a taxi to my location (2 minutes!) and all I had to do was click "Pick me up here." After clicking the button, I was told the name of my taxi driver and it had a photo of him too. Within two minutes, my taxi driver (named Gary) was there in front of me (his cab also had a Hailo logo on top beside the cab number.) He loaded my printer into the trunk and away we went. While I was en route home, the app asked me what percent tip I might like to leave (0 was an option and there is also a preset, so you don't have to deal with it en route.) He dropped me and my printer to my door and no money exchanged hands, it was all handled through Hailo. So awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment